EECP - Enhanced External Counter Pulsation
- EECP stands for "Enhanced External Counter Pulsation".
- Popularly known as "Natural Bypass Treatment".
- EECP works on the principle of creating a "counter-pulse" towards the Heart using "Pulsatile Pneumatic Compressions".
- EECP is most commonly used as “Adjunctive Treatment” in Cardiac Patients (mainly IHD).
- EECP is very effective as a “Bridge Therapy” for the patients who are in the waiting period for their “Coronary Angioplasty” and/or “CABG”.
- EECP seems to have a potential role in improving the clinical and symptomatic outcome in the patients who have undergone Coronary Angioplasty and/or CABG.
- EECP is a non- invasive procedure.
- EECP is recognized as an option to be provided to the Cardiac Patients who are otherwise unfit for the CABG.
- EECP improves the Cardiac Functions by improving the perfusion of the Coronary Vasculature (Blood Supply to the Heart itself).
- EECP opens up the new collaterals and hence improve the circulation and perfusion.
- EECP is a recognized entity which improves the micro-circulation of the Heart.
- EECP also improves the circulation to other Vital Organs of the body (Brain, Kidney etc.)
- Potential Conditions where EECP may work and provide Objective improvement as well as symptomatic improvement :
1. Ischemic Heart Disease (Angina)
2. Chronic Heart Failure
3. Vertebrobasilar insufficiency
4. Senile Dementia
5. Vascular Headaches (Like Migraine)
6. Erectile Dysfunction
7. Diabetic Nephropathy
8. Chronic Kidney Disease
9. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
It is observed that patients (Cardiac and non-Cardiac) on EECP treatment do feel :
- Improved Energy Levels
- Improved Quality of Life
- Enhanced Endurance
- Enhanced Strength
- Decrease in Angina Pain (including Frequency)
- Improvement in Mood and Memory
- Improvement in Sexual Functions
- Subjective feeling of wellbeing
Like any other treatment, even EECP has its own contraindications:
- Severe high uncontrolled Hypertension.
- Severe Valvular Heart Disease (Mainly Aortic Regurgitation)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Uncontrolled Congestive Heart Failure
- Recent Cardiac Catheterization
- Recent Cardiac Surgery (within 3 months)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
To Know more about EECP : Book Your appointment today. Click here!
Copyright 2022. AMAAYA™ Clinic. All rights Reserved.
Address : #206, 'B' Wing, Swiss Palace Building, Near Lokhandwala circle,
Shastri Nagar Lane - 1, Andheri - (west), Mumbai, India - 400 053
Web Support by SOLNET